Following the big success of Camp Orange’s Social Web Games, Alittleb.it has created the social game “Avventura da Paura” (Scary Adventure – Avventura da Paura’s Social Web Game) for MTV Italy and Nickelodeon. The game is published on nicktv.it portal – http://avventuradapaura.nicktv.it/gioco.html.
Avventura da Paura is a Nickelodeon’s Adventure Broadcast-Game that goes on air on Nickelodeon (the Mtv’s teen channel).
alittleb.it created the game concept, the design and the graphics, and made an hard work on writing the Flash (AS3) and PHP5 code of the Web Game Avventura da Paura.
Alittleb.it has developed the entire website www.avventuradapaura.it, too.
THE GAME EXPERIENCE:
Players, creating and customizing an own Avatar, can live in first person some Avventura da Paura-inspired adventures, facing the different challendes offered by several immediate and really engaging mini-games – like rafting in a scary torrents, flying hung by a big bat, being a scuba diver among skeletons.
The Avventura da Paura’s social web game allows players to challenge friends and other players, as the Avventura da Paura TV program does.
Moreover, thanks to Facebook Connect, players can: – share their Avatars and their own Scooby-Doo inspired Vans; – can communicate their records and their completed achievements; – can challenge friends and communicate matches results; – can chat on the application wall.
The game has been conceived to follow the same TV program’s structure – so, mini-games will be released periodically, keeping the users’ interest high.
Avatars and Vans will evolve little by little players go on to play, challenge, invite, share. The levels of the mini-game “Sulle Tracce di Asterion” will be unlocked if player will play and invite friends.
THE ADVERGAME CONCEPT:
In particular, the advergame has been conceived:
- to communicate the delivered values by Nickelodeon’s TV program Avventura da Paura;
- thanks to the exploitation of social media, to bring new users to the nicktv.it web portal;
- to increase the brand awareness of Avventura da Paura, NickTv.it and Nickelodeon;
- thank to the creation of a complex experience (but, immediate to the user), to increase users’ retention rate and permanence time on Avventura da Paura Game and NickTv.it;
- to turn web users into tv audience and vice-versa;
- to make a game suitable for sponsorship, in-game advertising and product placement;
- to create a concept that it is suitable for different TV programmes;
- to make a game that, thanks to following releases, has the same TV programme’s structure, keeping the users’ interest high.
Project name: Avventura da Paura (Scary Adventure)
Category: Social Game – Advergame
Client: MTV Italy – Nickelodeon – Nicktv.it
Technologies: Flash, ActionScript 3.0, Facebook Connect